As Australia rolls out its COVID-19 vaccine there have been reports of people now getting emails and text messages saying something along the lines of “Pay us xx amount to jump the queue for your vaccine” or “Pay us xx amount for the better vaccine” or “Fill out this form to jump the vaccine queue.”
As you can see, these all have one thing in common: They ask for money or your information in order to either skip the queue to get a COVID Vaccine, or to be able to select your vaccine brand.
These are scams without exception. There is not a way to pay to cut the queue or get a “better” vaccine. As a reminder, according to the official AU government website:
- The first group of Australians will start receiving the COVID-19 vaccine in February.
- There are five phases in the vaccine rollout and they focus on protecting the most vulnerable Australians first.
- The vaccine will be free for all Australian citizens, permanent residents, and most visa-holders.
- The vaccine will not be mandatory.
- You can find information on COVID-19 in languages other than English on the Department of Health website.
To reiterate, all vaccines are free and there are five phases in the vaccine rollout (no skipping the queue until your group is called).
Remember this: If it seems too good to be true, it likely is.
Stay vigilant out there!